Fri, Sept 27|
Bellerose Composite High School
24 Hour Theatre Challenge Registration!
24 Hour Theatre Challenge: the “most spontaneous and unpredictable theatre show!” Create live theatre from scratch within 24 hours of work time. Join now!
Time & Location
Sept 27, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – Sept 28, 2019, 9:50 p.m.
Bellerose Composite High School, 49 Giroux Rd, St. Albert, AB T8N 6N4, Canada
About the Event
Each member of the team must register individually.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
Friday Sept 27th:
3:30pm: Meet in the central cafeteria area of Bellerose Composite High School.
- Bring your PROP, COSTUME or COSTUME PIECE, and 1 LINE of DIALOGUE with you.
- Identify the actors, tech, and the director.
Depending on number of participants, plays will be no longer than 15 minutes in duration.
- Introductions and explanations of the logistics by event coordinators
- Each participant will come onto the stage and present their prop, costume, and line of dialogue.
5:00pm: Students will be assigned rooms to work in, and must create an outline for their play.
- REQUIREMENTS: you must use 1 prop, 1 costume or costume piece, 1 line of dialogue and 1 piece of tech (this will be provided by the venue).
- Scripts must be written in proper script format and includes stage directions, tech requirements, and dialogue for no more than 3 actors.
6:00pm: Dinner in central cafeteria area
6:45pm: Regroup and devise play, writing down important details, notes, dialogue.
- First draft of the script must be completed prior to leaving for the night
9:00pm: Meet in central cafeteria area for explanation of the following day events.
- Hand in all materials, include tech script.
9:15pm: Head home for the night.
Saturday September 28th:
10:00am: Meet in Central cafeteria area of Bellerose Composite High School for debrief
- Explanation of day- timeline and expectations of project by event coordinators
10:30am: Return to practice areas to rehearse the play including props, costumes.
12:00pm: Cafeteria for lunch
12:30pm: Scheduled time for tech rehearsals on stage with their tech person.
- You will be working with the resident Tech Manager.
- Use time wisely, your time is limited.
5:00pm: Meet in Cafeteria for information and logistics for performance.
- Schedule for performances presented.
5:20 - 6:00pm: Dinner in Staff Room
6:00pm Return to rehearsal rooms to prepare for show.
Show will start at 7pm.
6:30pm: Doors open for audience, entrance will be donation based: please pay what you can
7:00pm: Show begins
8:30pm: Show ends with awards for
- Best Acting, Best Script, Best Direction, Best Tech, Best Overall Performance, Best Use of Costume and Props & Most Grit
9:00pm: Show ends and cleanup begins, all students should be leaving with all items they brought.
- Classrooms returned to original condition.
* Depending on the number of registrants, the schedule times are subject to change.